- May 29, 2020
- Posted by: editor
- Category: Uncategorized
‘Addis Business Talk’ is the first all-English business focused weekly radio show and podcast broadcast from Ethiopia, conducts interviews with individuals of significant influence by covering the most timely and pressing issues revolving around the areas of business and economic policy in Ethiopia and the rest of Africa, and is hosted by Kalid Mawi and Mered Besrat, Managing Partners at Pragma Investment Advisory, a business advisory firm based in Addis Ababa, and produced by the team at 251 Communications, a prominent marketing and communications firm based in Addis Ababa as well.
The purpose of the show is to address the ever-growing demand for information stemming from the English speaking community in Ethiopia, which mostly includes expatriates and businessmen, but also of the wider international audience mainly comprising the Diaspora and any other individual or entity, interested to stay informed about the business and policy climate in Ethiopia. Addis Business Talk recognizes the severe shortage of information and data pertaining to Ethiopia’s economic and business atmosphere, and therefore plays its part to bridge this gap.
The show was first launched on the 23rd of April (2020) and has, as of now, garnered thousands of plays from its online audience, has become a source of reference for major media outlets, and has accommodated a number of highly distinguished guests as listed below:
- E. Dr. Eyob Tekalign Tolina, State Minister of the FDRE’s Ministry of Finance
- E. Ato Abebe Abebayehu, Commissioner at the Ethiopian Investment Commission
- Rebecca Araya, General Manager of the American Chamber of Commerce in Ethiopia
- Antoine Chevrier, Canadian Ambassador to Ethiopia
- Teodros Abraham, Founder and Managing Director of CLS Logistics and Services PLC
- Kebour Ghenna, Executive Director of the Pan-African Chamber of Commerce & Industry
Addis Business Talk airs every Thursday morning from 7:30 to 8:30, East Africa Time, on Afro FM 105.3. For late catchers, each episode is also uploaded online for streaming at the convenience of the listener. Follow the following URL to find all six episodes of the show’s digital podcast: https://pragma-advisory.com/the-podcast/